Orrville, Ohio (August 3, 2012) On a beautiful night of racing the crowd at NAPA Auto Parts were once again treated with thrilling races and daring passes.
When the Renegades of Dirt Modified Tour set their sights an a two day weekend deep in the heart of “Amish Country” you can bet their going to serve up a plethora of decadent treats for Buckeye State race fans of all ages. A track most popularly known for its intense sprint car action was headlined by a open wheel division of a a different kind Friday Night when the tour made its return visit to the dirt facility. Dubbed as one of the nations most talented rosters, the open wheel pilots converged on the lighting fast 3/8th mile facility in front of a massive Wayne County Speedway crowd.
Renegade of Dirt racing action got underway this evening as Zanesville, OH's Rick Aukland stormed out of the gate and laid claim the Two Brothers Motorsports Quick Time Award. In Heat race number one it was much of the same as the fourth starting “Badland's Bandit” terrorized the stellar qualifying heat race to grab the checkered. A stacked heat race number two rolled out on to the speedway and saw current Renegade of Dirt points leader Bobby Kitchen take the point and never look back holding off teammate Bart Hartman for the win. St. Clairsville, OH's DJ Cline took the green on heat race number three from his outside second row position and quickly maneuvered his mount to the lead and never looked back during the ten lap event. The Integra Shocks and Springs B-Main was next to take over the race track and saw Bruce Miller grab the early point. Miller would then continue to show the way through the twelve lap B-Main and was followed across the stripe by A-Main transfers Deana Groves and Scott Stiffler.
When the sun set on the well manicured dirt oval facility the sold out Wayne County Speedway crowd on hand witnessed a literal “Duel on Dirt.” Fans were treated to an entire entree of two and three wide racing action during the thirty lap Arizona Sports Shirts A-Main. Aukland grabbed the lead from his outside front row position but would relinquish his lead to DJ Cline on lap eight when his 2a entry lost the driveshaft entering turn number three. A persistent Kevin Morehouse found his way challenging Kinkade and Cline for the top dog position as the trio battled back and forth at the midway point. Zanesville, OH's Anthony Kinkade then took advantage of a slight push from the #4 of Cline to gain the front spot on the field. Furthermore, the talented field continued to do battle for positing from front to back throughout. However a flawless Kinkade would go on to park his royal blue #144 into the Renegades of Dirt Victory Lane for the first time. As an all smiles Anthony Kinkade climbed out of the car he went on to tell speedway announcers, “Wow, I didn't think we we're going to be that good but we will take it.” “I kept seeing Morehouse on the inside then on the outside and I gave it all I had and we held him off, nights like tonight make your really wish these cars had rear view mirrors” jokingly stated the local favorite. Following Kinkade across the line to round out your top five were Morehouse, Cline, Wilson, and J. Hartman.
In the Fisher Performance 410 Sprints Cole Duncan and Andre Layfield paced the field. At the drop of the green flag both Duncan and Layfield dragged raced down the front straight away Duncan moved up the race track and collided with Layfield causing him to crash hard into the guardrail resulting in heavy damage and early ending to his night. The red flag was displayed and when the racing resumed Danny Mumaw moved to the outside front row. At the drop of the green flag Mumaw jumped to the high side and spun, hopped the cushion and struck the guardrail ending the current points leader night. With another complete restart set Duncan and Andrew Palker paced the field. At the drop Palker seized the early lead but it was short lived as Duncan found the inside grove to his liking. As Duncan held the lead seventh starting Nathan Skaggs pressed forward and on lap thirteen he passed Palker for second. As the laps wound down eighteenth starting Kory Crabtree powered past Bryce Dickson and chased down Palker with a tight battle for the third position. At the checkered flag taking his second win this season at WCS was Duncan just ahead of Skaggs, Crabtree, Palker and Dickson. Mumaw, Duncan and Chris Myers won heat races.
In the Lias Tire Super Late Model division Weston Hutchinson slipped to the early lead just ahead of George Lee, Ryan Markham, David Liles and Cory Conley. Hutchinson didn’t waste any time and immediately stretched a large lead over the field. On lap ten Markham and Conley battled for third position. Conley eventually worked past Markham for position. On lap sixteen the caution flew for sixth running and current point leader Shane McLoughlin who stopped on the track with mechanical issues. Hutchinson jumped back to a large lead when racing resumed but a tight battle for second place was waging as Conley and Lee battled for second. At the finish line it was Hutchinson coming home the winner, he was followed by Conley, Lee, Markham, Liles and Rick Bond. Conley, Charlie Maloney and Lee won heat races. This race is a Black Diamond 125 qualifier and Hutchinson will have a shot at the big money race in late August.
In the Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks Chase Alexander motored to the early lead. A great battle shaped up as Alexander, Justin Patterson and Don Baney battled two and three wide for the lead. The caution flag flew with Alexander holding on to the lead. On lap five Patterson and Alexander raced door handle to door handle lap after lap. After an epic battle Patterson cleared Alexander to take the lead. On the final lap third running Eric Eicholtz made contact with Alexander which resulted in Eicholtz being placed to rear of the field. At the checkered flag it was Patterson winning his first of the season at WCS. He was followed by Alexander, Brandon Gardner, Baney and Brandon Craver. Jeremy Dickerson, Alexander and Gardner won heat races.
Fisher Performance 41 0 Sprints (19 Cars)
1. Danny Mumaw 2. Bryce Dickson 3. Nathan Skaggs 4. Bob Lime 5. Shawn Hubler 6. Bill Ault 7. Justin Whitesell
1. Cole Duncan 2. Andrew Palker 3. Jamie Myers 4. Nick Patterson 5. Chris Pascak 6. Troy Kingan
1. Chris Myers 2. Andre Layfield 3. Ryan Broughton 4. Rick Lutes 5. Bob Tucker 6. Kory Crabtree
1. Cole Duncan 2. Nathan Skaggs 3. Kory Crabtree 4. Andrew Palker 5. Bryce Dickson 6. Ryan Broughton 7. Bob Lime 8. Chris Myers 9. Shawn Hubler 10. Nick Patterson 11. Chris Plascak 12. Justin Whitesell 13. Pete Grove 14. Bob Tucker 15. Bill Ault 16. Troy Kingan 17. Danny Mumaw 18. Jamie Myers 19. Andre Layfield
Renegades of Dirt Modified Series: (24 Cars)
1. Rick Aukland 2. Anthony Kinkade 3. Mark Dickson 4. Dave Bodkins 5. Nathon Loney 6. Bruce Miller 7. Deana Groves
1. Bobby Kitchen 2. Bart Hartman 3. Kevin Morehouse 4. Travis Dickson 5. Sid Danals 6. Scott Stiffler 7. Chris Basich 8. Kevin Miller
1. DJ Cline 2. Jess Hartman 3. Tanner Wilson 4. Lance Elson 5. Bryan Douglas 6. Vic Hottinger 7. Denny Benjamin 8. Tyler Nicely
1. Bruce Miller 2. Deana Groves 3. Scott Stiffler 4. Denny Benjamin 5. Kevin Miller 6. Chris Basich 7. Rick Mardis 8. Vic Hottinger DNS: Jim Nicely
1. Anthony Kinkade 2. Kevin Morehouse 3. DJ Cline 4. Tanner Wilson 5. Jess Hartman 6. Mark Dickson 7. Bart Hartman 8. Bobby Kitchen 9. Lance Elson 10. Travis Dickson 11. Chris Basich 12. Sid Danals 13. Dave Bodkins 14. Kevin Miller 15. Brian Douglas 16. Scott Stiffler 17. Rick Aukland 18. Nathon Loney 19. Rick Mardis 20. Bruce Miller
Lias Tire Super Late Models (25 Cars)
1. Cory Conley 2. Ryan Markham 3. Rick Bond 4. Mike Basich 5. Ricky Conley 6. Chester Elliot 7. Keith Tish 8. Charlie Duncan 9. Jason Skelly
1. Charlie Maloney 2. David Liles 3. Shane Mcloughlin 4. Rick Armstrong 5. Jesse Wisecarver 6. Dave Hornikel 7. Larry Bellman 8. Blaine Aber
1. George Lee 2. Weston Hutchinson 3. Wayne Maffet Jr. 4. Rocky Owens 5. Brad Malcuit 6. JR Gentry 7. Hiram Bachman 8. Travis Mensching
1. Dave Hornikel 2. Charlie Duncan 3. Chester Elliot 4. JR Gentry 5. Keith Tish 6. Hiram Bachman 7. Blaine Aber 8. Larry Bellman 9. Travis Mensching DNS: Jason Skelly
1. Weston Hutchinson 2. Cory Conley 3. George Lee 4. Ryan Markham 5. David Liles 6. Rick Bond 7. Rocky Owens 8. Charlie Duncan 9. Charlie Maloney 10. Ricky Conley 11. Jesse Wisecarver 12. Mike Basich 13. Rick Armstrong 14. JR Gentry 15. Chester Elliot 16. Dave Hornikel 17. Shane McLoughlin 18. Keith Tish 19. Wayne Maffet Jr. 20. Brad Malcuit
Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks (23 Cars)
1. Jeremy Dickerson 2. Justin Patterson 3. Gary Hensel 4. Josh Miller 5. Todd Gallion 6. Gary Hoopingarner 7. Rich Frame DNS: Colt Maxwell
1. Chase Alexander 2. Don Baney Jr. 3. Victor Bunt 4. Shaun Cains 5. Dennis Amstutz 6. Jon Preston 7. Glen Underwood
1. Brandon Gardner 2. Kyle Dickinson 3. Brandon Craver 4. Roger Drouhard 5. Tim Penley 6. Paul Whitten 7. Tyler Nicely 8. Chris Albright
1. Glen Underwood 2. Colt Maxwell 3. Paul Whitten 4. Rich Frame 5. Jon Preston 6. Gary Hoopingarner 7. Chris Albright 8. Tyler Nicely
1. Justin Patterson 2. Chase Alexander 3. Brandon Gardner 4. Don Baney Jr. 5. Brandon Craver 6. Gary Hensel Sr 7. Shawn Cains 8. Josh Miller 9. Roger Drouhard 10. Glen Underwood 11. Kyle Dickinson 12. Tim Penley 13. Paul Whitten 14. Jon Preston 15. Colt Maxwell 16. Eric Eicholtz 17. Dennis Amstutz 18. Todd Gallion 19. Rich Frame 20. Jeremy Dickerson
Contributing to this press release for Renegades of Dirt Modified Series:
EDGE Entertainment Corp.