Orrville, Ohio (August 17, 2012) Um, um, I’m lovin’ it. The fans were lovin’ the action at NAPA Auto Parts Wayne County Speedway on McDonalds night at the 3/8 mile speedplant.
For the second and final leg of the first annual summer sizzler the action kicked off at the drop of the green flag. As the field entered turn one Broc Martin spun mid pack and collected Jared Ridge, Shawn Hubler and Chris Myers. On the restart pole sitter Chris Andrews struck the cone sending it flying down the front stretch and bringing out another caution. Andrews who won the first leg of the summer sizzler and has an opportunity for a $2000 bonus if he wins at WCS was penalized two positions this moved up Rob Chaney to the point. When the racing resumed Sheldon Haudenschild spun bring out the caution flag. When the green flag dropped Chaney bolted ahead of Cole Duncan to take the lead. By lap five Chaney had built up a comfortable lead and began maneuvering lapped traffic. On lap seventeen fifth place Duane Zablocki spun but keep going. Zablocki lost positions to Kory Crabtree and Danny Mumaw. Zablocki got back on the gas with Danny Holtgraver hot on his heels. Zablocki retired to the pits on lap twenty due to mechanical issues. As the final laps clicked down Chaney never let off the throttle and kept lapping cars at a torid pace not allowing Duncan to gain any ground. At the checkered flag it was Chaney claiming the victory followed by Duncan, Andrew Palker, Crabtree, Andrews and seventeenth starting Mike Linder. Chaney, Myers and Andrews won heat races and Linder won the B-Main.
In the Lias Tire Super Late Models Cody Scott and George Lee lead the field to the green flag. Lee powered to the point ahead of Scott, Keith Berner, Corey Conley and Shane McLoughlin. On lap nine Berner closed the gap on Lee and was applying heavy to the leader. Lee held the lead as he ran the high line and Berner was working the inside/low line. On lap seventeen the leaders caught the back markers but Lee made easy work and did not allow Berner to close on him. At the finish line Lee came home with the win ahead of Berner, Conley, McLoughlin and Ryan Markham. Markham, McLoughlin and Berner won heat races.
In the 305 Sprint feature Paul Weaver slipped out to the lead ahead of Paige Polyak, Mike Burkin, Zack Kramer and Joe McEwen. The caution flew on lap five for Kramer who spun on the back stretch nearly striking the pit entrance tires. On the restart Burkin sprinter didn’t fire immediately causing a backup behind him. He retired for the night with mechanical issues. On lap sixteen Polyak who had closed the gap on Weaver dove to the inside but struck a uke tire and pulled into the infield with frontend damage. Coming home victorious in their only 305 sprint appearance was Weaver just ahead of McEwen, Jeremy Duponski, Kramer and Justin Whitesell. Polyak and Kramer won heat races.
In the Bremenour Electric Modifieds Kevin Morehouse motored to the point at the drop of the green flag. On the opening lap Mark Dickson retired due to mechanical issues. The caution flew as Norm Aronhalt hooked the cushion and went up on two wheels showing the crowd the undercarriage of his modified. While in the air Aronhalt was struck and it brought him back down landing on all four wheels. He was charged with the caution and sent to the tail. When the racing resumed Morehouse flexed his muscles and powered away from the pack. Jess Hartman chased the leader but Morehouse kept a comfortable lead. Eyes were on Aronhalt as he worked his way around Sid Danals and began catching Hartman for second place. With the checkered flag in hand Morehouse came home the winner. At the finish line by a nose Aronhalt edged Hartman for second place. Sid Danals and Eric Singhaus rounded out the top five. Morehouse and Hartman won the heat races.
In the Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks former Super Late Model driver Eric Eicholtz snatched the lead from Jeremy Dickerson, Brandon Gardner and points leader Brandon Craver. Dickerson did not waste any time as he dove under Eicholtz trying to wrestle the lead from him. The top two waged an epic battle but as the leaders went back and forth it allowed Gardner to close on the top two. On lap seven Gardner took his car to the infield with mechanical issues. Trouble for the front running cars continued as Todd Gallion and Brandon Craver got together. This ended the night for Craver and gave Dickerson an opportunity to take over the points lead. As the cars were under caution track officials noticed Dickerson had a left front flat tire. Dickerson completed several laps as track crews worked to get Gallion and Cravers cars apart. Dickerson took his race car to the pits to change the tire and he returned to the race. When the racing resumed Eicholtz held on to win ahead of Shaun Cains, Roger Drouhard, Josh Miller Gary Hensel and Dennis Amstutz with a solid top ten run. Dickerson Eicholtz and Drouhard won heat races.
For additional information contact Jason or Kristin Flory at: 330-465-2365, or email at
. For news, updates and schedule visit the Wayne County Speedway website at www.waynecountyspeedway.com. Wayne County Speedway is located nine miles east of Wooster, or 15 miles west of Massillon on US Rt. 30, then one mile north on Carr Road.
Fisher Performance Sprints (32 Cars)
1. Rob Chaney 2. Duane Zablocki 3. Danny Mumaw 4. Kory Crabtree 5. Bob Lime 6. Nick Patterson (23) 7. Pete Grove 8. Chris Smith
1. Chris Myers 2. Stuart Brubaker 3. Jared Ridge 4. Lee Jacobs 5. Brandon Spithaler 6. Shawn Hubler 7. Butch Beasley
1. Chris Andrews 2. Cole Duncan 3. Broc Martin 4. Danny Holtgraver 5. Mike Linder 6. Jamie Myers 7. Chris Plasick 8. Bill Ault
1. Andrew Palker 2. Sheldon Haudenshchild 3. Aaron Middaugh 4. Dan Kuriger 5. Alec Martin 6. Jordan Harble 7. Jimmy Pooler DNS: Jarred Feller
1. Mike Linder 2. Brandon Spithaler 3. Alec Martin 4. Bob Lime 5. Shawn Hubler 6. Jordan Harble 7. Jamie Myers 8. Nick Patterson (23) 9. Jimmy Pooler 10. Chris Smith 11. Chris Plasack 12. Pete Grove 13. Butch Beasley 14. Bill Ault DNS: Christopher Bell
1. Rob Chaney 2. Cole Duncan 3. Andrew Palker 4. Kory Crabtree 5. Chris Andrews 6. Mike Linder 7. Danny Mumaw 8. Danny Holtgraver 9. Lee Jacobs 10. Broc Martin 11. Stuart Brubaker 12. Brandon Spithaler 13. Dan Kuringer 14. Jamie Myers 15. Bob Lime 16. Aaron Middaugh 17. Alec Martin 18. Duane Zablocki 19. Sheldon Haudenschild 20. Chris Myers 21. Jared Ridge 22. Shawn Hubler
Lias Tire Super Late Models (20 Cars)
1. Shane McLoughlin 2. Corey Conley 3. Rick Bond 4. Mike Bores 5. Chester Elliot 6. Blaine Aber 7. DJ Miller
1. Ryan Markham 2. Cody Scott 3. Wayne Maffett 4. Rocky Owens 5. Weston Hutchinson 6. Larry Bellman DNS: Cody Bartum
1. Keith Berner 2. George Lee 3. Charlie Duncan 4. David Liles 5. Don Conley 6. Travis Mensching
1. George Lee 2. Keith Berner 3. Corey Coley 4. Shane McLoughlin 5. Ryan Markham 6. Wayne Maffet Jr. 7. Charlie Duncan 8. Weston Hutchinson 9. Rick Bond 10. Cody Scott 11. Rocky Owens 12. David Liles 13. Blain Aber 14. DJ Miller 15. Chester Elliot 16. Mike Bores 17. Travis Mensching 18. Larry Bellman 19. Don Conley DNS: Cody Bartrum
Bremenour Electric Modifieds (16 Cars)
1. Jess Hartman 2. Mark Dickson 3. Norm Aronhalt 4. Bruce Miller 5. Darrick Hubbard 6. Sid Danals 7. Nick Smith 8. Jacob Myers
1. Kevin Morehouse 2. Rory Reed 3. Eric Singhaus 4. Nathon Loney 5. Robert Page 6. Dave Bodkins 7. Missy Haskins
1. Kevin Morehouse 2. Norm Aronhalt 3. Jess Hartman 4. Sid Danals 5. Eric Singhaus 6. Rory Reed 7. Nick Smith 8. Robert Page 9. Dave Bodkins 10. Jacob Myers 11. Melissa Haskins 12. Jim Nicely 13. Mark Dickson 14. Darrick Hubbard 15. Bruce Miller 16. Nathon Loney
Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks (24 Cars)
1. Jeremy Dickerson 2. Justin Patterson 3. Shaun Cains 4. Gary Hensel 5. Josh Miller 6. Tyler Nicely 7. Dave Moreland Jr 8. Gary McGregor
1. Eric Eicholtz 2. Brandon Gardner 3. Brandon Craver 4. Don Baney 6. Jon Sutherland 5. Paul Whitten 6. Todd Gallion 7. Butch Butcher
1. Roger Drouhard 2. Chase Alexander 3. Rich Frame 4. Dennis Amstutz 5. Steve Hinton 6. Darrick Hubbard Jr. 7. Jon Preston 8. Tim Penley
1. Eric Eicholtz 2. Shaun Cains 3. Roger Drouhard 4. Josh Miller 5. Gary Hensel 6. Dennis Amstutz 7. Tyler Nicely 8. Rich Frame 9. Paul Whitten 10. Gary McGregor 11. Butch Butcher 12. Jeremy Dickerson 13. Darrick Hubbard Jr 14. David Moreland Jr 15. Todd Gallion 16. Brandon Craver 17. Tim Penley 18. Chase Alexander 19. Brandon Gardner 20. Jon Preston 21. Don Baney Jr 22. Steve Hinton 23. John Sutherland DNS: Justin Patterson
305 Sprints (10 Cars)
1. Paige Polyak 2. Paul Weaver 3. Ross Moore 4. Justin Whitesell 5. Jimmy Morris
1. Zack Kramer 2. Joe McEwen 3. Mike Burkin 4. Ryan French 5. Jermey Duponski
1. Paul Weaver 2. Joe McEwen 3. Jeremy Duponski 4. Zack Kramer 5. Justin Whitesell 6. Jimmy Morris 7. Paige Polyak 8. Mike Burkin 9. Ryan French 10. Ross Moore