NAPA Auto Parts WCS officials would like to extend our deepest sympathies to the Coffman family as today former WCS owner Ernie Coffman passed away. "We are saddened by the news of Ernie's passing" stated General Manager Jason Flory. "Ernie and the whole Coffman family have been great to us here and he will be missed. Please keep the Coffman family in your thoughts and prayers" Flory continued. Service information will be posted when its available...
Holtgraver wins UNOH ALL Star Circuit of Champions Sprints; Lee and Holmes also victorious at NAPA Auto Parts Wayne County Speedway
Orrville, Ohio (September 2, 2012) Mother nature was a race fan as NAPA Auto Parts WCS officials opened the race track for another night of fierce racing action and door handle to door handle action. Tonight’s races were sponsored by VP racing fuel.
In the UNOH ALL Star Circuit of Champions Sprint division Wooster Ohio Dean Jacobs jumped to the early lead just ahead of David Gravel, Byron Reed and Tim Shaffer. On lap two Jacobs hit slick spot on race track and drove into the pit area nearly full speed and handed the lead over to Reed. The eyes were on the young guns as Sheldon Haudenschild had moved into the fourth position and was applying pressure to Gravel for third. By lap ten sixteenth starting Danny Holtgraver had moved into the top five and was looking to slip past Haudenschild for fourth. Up front Reed still led and he was chased by Shaffer and Gravel. All eyes were on the D4 machine of Holtrgraver as he made short work of both Gravel and Shaffer and just needed to catch the leader Reed. Quickly the ten car length lead Reed had evaporated as Holtgraver closed on the leader. As the race end neared Holtgraver worked the inside of Reed but to no avail. On lap twenty five Holtgraver seized the opportunity as he slipped past Reed on the high side to wrestle the lead from Reed. At the drop of the checkered it was Holtgraver coming home the winner followed by Reed, Gravel, Stevie Smith, Shaffer and Rob Chaney. Jack Sodeman Jr, Danny Smith and Caleb Helms won heat races. Jacobs won the dash, Shaffer set quick time and Holtgraver was hard charger gaining fifthteen positions in the feature.
In the Lias Tire Super Late Model division George Lee powered to the early lead just ahead of Charlie Duncan, Ryan Markham and Devin Moran. With Lee out front Duncan looked high and looked low for a way around the leader but was unable to make a pass. On lap nine Lee was still out front but Keith Berner had entered the mix of the top five. Lee began stretching his lead as a three way battle for second ensued with Duncan, Moran and Berner all very close on the race track. On lap sixteen the caution flew for Justin Collet who spun in turn four. Under caution Ryan Markham retired for the night ending a solid run in the top ten with mechanical issues and Shane McLoughlin went pit side to change a tire. On lap nineteen Moran began applying heavy pressure to Duncan for second place, Duncan held the position but Moran wasn’t giving up. Lee again stretched his lead but Moran trying to push his car harder and harder jumped the cushion in turn one which resulted in Berner slipping by for third. At the start finish line it was Lee followed by Duncan, Berner, Moran and Brad Malcuit. Moran, Berner and Lee won heat races.
In the Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks Justin Patterson and Rich Frame led the field to the green flag. On the initial start several cars got together which resulted in Eric Eicholtz spinning on the back stretch. They lined them up and tried again this time had nearly same results just Bob Daugherty spun into the infield and stuck a uke tire. Rich Frame suffered flat tire, went pit side and returned to the tail of the feature. At the drop of the green flag for the third time Ryan Wisecarver jumped to the lead. He was chased by Paul Holmes, Justin Patterson, Brandon Morrow and Jesse Wisecarver. The caution flew and erased the lead Ryan Wisecarver had on the field. On the restart Holmes dipped under Ryan Wisecarvere as they entered turn one and his pass stuck as the raced off turn two and down the back straightaway. Holmes never looked back as he took home the win ahead of Ryan Wisecarver, Morrow, Patterson and Chase Alexander. Daughtery and Ryan Wisecarver won heat races.
Wayne County Speedway - 9/2/2012
All Star Circuit of Champions (27 Cars)
Qualifying - Kistler Engines
1. 83-Tim Shaffer, 14.975; 2. 89G-David Gravel, 14.988; 3. 5R-Byron Reed, 15.082; 4. 97-Dean Jacobs, 15.126; 5. 2-Dale Blaney, 15.252; 6. 19-Stevie Smith, 15.322; 7. 45-Paul McMahan, 15.394; 8. 3L-Mike Linder, 15.460; 9. 83M-Broc Martin, 15.507; 10. 29-Rob Chaney, 15.523; 11. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild, 15.524; 12. 38K-Lee Jacobs, 15.563; 13. 23JR-Jack Sodeman Jr., 15.584; 14. 25-Chris Myers, 15.598; 15. 11D-Bryce Dickson, 15.713; 16. D4-Danny Holtgraver, 15.725; 17. 40-Caleb Helms, 15.777; 18. 4-Danny Smith, 15.782; 19. 16-Danny Mumaw, 15.815; 20. W20-Greg Wilson, 15.902; 21. 22-Brandon Spithaler, 15.906; 22. 15H-Mitch Harble, 15.961; 23. 54-Cap Henry, 15.983; 24. 23P-Nick Patterson, 16.238; 25. 4AU-Jack Lee, 16.267; 26. 41-Jimmy Pooler, 16.674; 27. 70-Pete Grove, 17.012
Heat 1 - Kears Speed Shop (8 Laps - Top 6 finishers transfer to the A-feature)
1. 23JR-Jack Sodeman Jr. ; 2. D4-Danny Holtgraver ; 3. 45-Paul McMahan ; 4. 97-Dean Jacobs ; 5. 83-Tim Shaffer ; 6. 29-Rob Chaney ; 7. 16-Danny Mumaw ; 8. 15H-Mitch Harble ; 9. 4AU-Jack Lee
Heat 2 - All Pro Aluminum Heads (8 Laps - Top 6 finishers transfer to the A-feature)
1. 40-Caleb Helms ; 2. 25-Chris Myers ; 3. 89G-David Gravel ; 4. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild ; 5. 2-Dale Blaney ; 6. 54-Cap Henry ; 7. W20-Greg Wilson ; 8. 3L-Mike Linder ; 9. 41-Jimmy Pooler
Heat 3 - Dragon Race Fuel (8 Laps - Top 6 finishers transfer to the A-feature)
1. 4-Danny Smith ; 2. 11D-Bryce Dickson ; 3. 5R-Byron Reed ; 4. 19-Stevie Smith ; 5. 38K-Lee Jacobs ; 6. 22-Brandon Spithaler ; 7. 83M-Broc Martin ; 8. 23P-Nick Patterson ; 9. 70-Pete Grove
Dash - Outerwears Performance Products (6 Laps, finishing order determined first 6 starting positions of A-feature
1. 97-Dean Jacobs ; 2. 89G-David Gravel ; 3. 5R-Byron Reed ; 4. 83-Tim Shaffer ; 5. 2-Dale Blaney ; 6. 19-Stevie Smith
B-Main - MSD Ignition (12 Laps - Top 6 finishers transfer to the A-feature)
1. 3L-Mike Linder ; 2. 83M-Broc Martin ; 3. 16-Danny Mumaw ; 4. W20-Greg Wilson ; 5. 23P-Nick Patterson ; 6. 15H-Mitch Harble ; 7. 4AU-Jack Lee ; 8. 70-Pete Grove ; 9. 41-Jimmy Pooler
A-Main - University of Northwestern Ohio (30 Laps)
1. D4-Danny Holtgraver; 2. 5R-Byron Reed; 3. 89G-David Gravel; 4. 19-Stevie Smith; 5. 83-Tim Shaffer; 6. 29-Rob Chaney; 7. 2-Dale Blaney; 8. 4-Danny Smith; 9. 45-Paul McMahan; 10. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild; 11. 38K-Lee Jacobs; 12. 23JR-Jack Sodeman Jr.; 13. 83M-Broc Martin; 14. 3L-Mike Linder; 15. 16-Danny Mumaw; 16. 54-Cap Henry; 17. 22-Brandon Spithaler; 18. 15H-Mitch Harble; 19. 40-Caleb Helms; 20. 25-Chris Myers; 21. 11D-Bryce Dickson; 22. W20-Greg Wilson; 23. 23P-Nick Patterson; 24. 97-Dean Jacobs
Hard Charger: D4-Danny Holtgraver[+15]
Lias Tire Super Late Models
1. George Lee 2. Shane McLoughlin 3. Brad Malcuit 4. Weston Hutchinson 5. Larry Bellman 6. Doug Kenworthy 7. Jerry Aber
1. Keith Berner 2. Charlie Duncan 3. David Liles 4. Jesse Wisecarver 5. Brandon Gardner 6. Justin Collet
1. Devin Moran 2. Ryan Markham 3. Steve White 4. Richie Taylor 5. George Delaney 6. Brian Giaugue
1. George Lee 2. Charlie Duncan 3. Keith Berner 4. Devin Moran 5. Brad Malcuit 6. David Liles 7. Steve White 8. Jesse Wisecarver 9. Brandon Gardner 10. Shane McLoughlin 11. Larry Bellman 12. Richie Taylor 13. Doug Kenworthy 14. Hiram Bachman 15. Jerry Aber 16. Ryan Markham 17. Justin Collet 18. George Delaney 19. Brian Giaugue 20. Weston Hutchinson DNS: Blaine Aber
Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks
1. Bob Daugherty 2. Paul Holmes 3. Eric Eicholtz 4. Shaun Cains 5. Chris Albright 6. Brad Parker 7. Don Baney Jr. DNS: Brock Burcher
1. Ryan Wisecarver 2. Rich Frame 3. Justin Patterson 4. Todd Swim 5. Brandon Morrow 6. Chase Alexander 7. Mark Ferguson 8. John Tantarelli
1. Paul Holmes 2. Ryan Wisecarver 3. Brandon Morrow 4. Justin Patterson 5. Chase Alexander 6. Jesse Wisecarver 7. Eric Eicholtz 8. Shaun Cains 9.Chris Albright 10. Rich Frame 11. John Tantarelli 12. Bob Daugherty DNS: Mark Fergerson, Todd Swim, Don Baney Jr., Brock Bucher
August 28, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Orrville, Ohio (August 28, 2012) NAPA Auto Parts WCS officials welcome back the UNOH ALL Star Circuit of Champions Sprint division to the Orrville, Ohio race track on Sunday September 2nd. “We are really excited to have back the ALL STARS here at NAPA Auto Parts Wayne County Speedway. These guys put on a well run show and it’s great for us and our fans” stated General Manager Jason Flory. “Our Speedweek show was a success and we are expecting big things again” Flory continued.
Gates open Sunday at 3:00 PM, qualifying at 5:45 PM and racing at 7:00 PM. Also racing are Lias Tire Super Late Models and Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks. General admission is $20.00, pit admission is $35.00 and as always kids general admission is free. Primitive camping is available we just ask larger campers or motor homes park on edge of property. The night’s action is sponsored by VP Racing Fuel. Rain date is set for Monday September 3rd.
Three time UNOH All Star champion Dale Blaney currently leads three time series champion Tim Shaffer by just 73 points in the Ohio Region. Shaffer looks to become only the third driver in the history of the UNOH All Stars to win his fourth straight national title. Blaney had eight series wins in 2012 to run his career total to 92, just six away from tying hall-of-famer Kenny Jacobs atop the all-time win list. Shaffer has five series wins in 2012 and now has 50 for his career.
The UNOH All Stars will wrap up the weekend with their second appearance of the season at the NAPA Auto Parts Wayne County Speedway on Sunday, Sept. 2. The track was instrumental in the creation of the All Stars back in the early 1970s. When the UNOH All Stars competed at Wayne County during the Ohio Sprint Speedweek, “Young Money” Kyle Larson scored the win in his first ever appearance at the track.
The NAPA Auto Parts Wayne County Speedway returned to weekly sprint car racing in 2012 and has seen fantastic racing. Again, the UNOH All Star competitors will have to battle the tough “regulars” like track champion Andrew Palker, Cole Duncan, Rob Chaney, Danny Mumaw, Chris Myers and a host of others. For more information go to www.allstarsprint.com.
Credit to Brian Liskai as portions of ALL STAR Circuit of Champions Sprints presser used which can be found at http://ascoc.allstarsprint.com
Mumaw, Lee, Hensel, Morehouse and Daugherty are winners at NAPA Auto Parts Wayne County Speedway
By Ryan Pearson
Orrville, Ohio (August 25, 2012) Under beautiful skies NAPA WCS officials swung open the gates for kids night treating the young fans to wagon rides, candy and driver autographs. The night’s festivities were sponsored by Dzugan Fire and Rescue.
In the Fisher Performance Sprints Kory Crabtree jumped to the early lead but on lap four he retired with mechanical issues forcing an early ending to a good run. This handed the lead over to Lee Jacobs who had Andrew Palker, Aaron Middaugh, Danny Mumaw and Chris Myers in tow. Jacobs held a comfortable lead but Palker and Mumaw raced each other hard for position. On lap ten Mumaw closed on Palker for second as they raced entered turn four Mumaw slid under Palker but Palker was able to brake early and come back under Mumaw to hold second place. On lap seventeen with the top three cars very close Palker dove under Jacobs to take the lead. As Palker drove off turn one he hopped the cushion and fell back to third place. This allowed Mumaw to get a run and power past Palker and Jacobs to take the lead. Taking home the win in exciting fashion was Mumaw just ahead of Palker, tenth starting Chris Myers, Jacobs, Middaugh and Broc Martin. Palker and Mumaw won heat races.
In the Lias Tire Super Late Models last week’s feature winner George Lee and Ryan Markham lead the field to the green flag. Lee motored to the point just ahead of Markham, Shane McLoughlin, Weston Hutchinson, Charlie Duncan, Rick Bond and DJ Cline. On lap five Markham slung shot around Lee to snatch the lead. By lap nine McLoughlin pulled up to the leaders and made the race for the point a three car race. As Markham pulled up on lapped traffic he got pinned behind a back marker and that allowed Lee to jump back to the point. On lap seventeen McLoughlin retired to the infield with mechanical issues. At the finish line it was Lee taking home his second win in a row at WCS. He was followed by Hutchinson, ninth starting Corey Conley, Markham and Duncan. McLoughlin, Duncan and Lee won heat races. Hiram Bachman won the B-main.
In the Bremenour Electric Modifieds Mark Dickson powered to the early lead ahead of Kevin Morehouse, Chris Basich and Norm Aronhalt. A tight battle waged for second place between Morehouse and Basich with Morehouse coming out just ahead of Basich on lap three. On lap six Morehouse began applying heavy pressure to Dickson the leader as he used the high line around the track. On lap seven Morehouse slipped past Dickson to take the lead. Morehouse started to pull away some from the pack but Jesse Wisecarver and Travis Dickson were charging to the front. Claiming his second victory in a row at WCS was Morehouse followed by Mark Dickson, Travis Dickson, Wiscarver, Basich and Aronhalt. Wisecarver and Morehouse claimed heat race victories.
In the Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks Jeremy Dickerson jumped out to the early lead just ahead of Justin Patterson, Glen Underwood, Bob Daugherty, Paul Holmes and Don Baney Jr. The battle for the lead kicked off right at the drop of the green flag as Patterson hounded Dickerson for the lead. Caution flag flew when Holmes motor let go spewing fluid on front stretch ending a solid top five run. On lap eight Dickerson still held the point ahead of Patterson and Daugherty but both Patterson and Daugherty were hot on Dickerson’s heels. Lap nine Patterson pulled to the inside of Dickerson and Daugherty pulled to the outside and all three drivers dragged raced down the front stretch three wide. At the start finish line Daugherty took the lead by the narrowest of margins just ahead of Dickerson and Patterson. As the cars approached turn one Dickerson spun out bringing out another caution. When the racing resumed Daugherty held off a charging Patterson to take the win. Baney Jr, Rich Frame and Shaun Cains rounded out the top five. Underwood, Todd Swim and Dickerson won heat races.
In the powerful Mini Stocks Roger Rush Jr and Bradley Hensel lead the field to the green flag. Rush tried to wrestle the early lead from Hensel but was unsuccessful. As Hensel started to pull away from the field the racing second on back was fierce as Jerry Adkins, Jason St. John, Doug Hensel, Moose Workman and Brett Adkins duked it out. By lap eight Hensel stretched his lead but you could throw a blanket over second through sixth positions. At the checkered flag it was Hensel ahead of Workman, Doug Hensel, Brett Adkins, and Jerry Adkins. St. John and Workman won heat races.
Fisher Performance Sprints
1. Andrew Palker 2. Lee Jacobs 3. Kory Crabtree 4. Broc Martin 5. Jason Dolick 6. Jimmy Pooler 7. Jeff Conrad 8. Butch Beasley
1. Danny Mumaw 2. Aaron Middaugh 3. Bob Lime 4. Nick Patterson 5. Chris Myers 6. Adam Anderson 7. Bill Ault 8. Chris Smith 9. Jay Howe 10. Aaron Fry
1. Danny Mumaw 2. Andrew Palker 3. Chris Myers 4. Lee Jacobs 5. Aaron Middaugh 6. Broc Martin 7. Jimmy Pooler 8. Pete Grove 9. Bob Lime 10. Jason Dolick 11. Nick Patterson 12. Chris Smith 13. Adam Anderson 14. Aaron Fry 15. Bill Ault 16. Jeff Conrad 17. Jay Howe 18. Kory Crabtree DNS: Butch Beasley
Lias Tire Super Late Models
1. Shane McLoughlin 2. Weston Hutchinson 3. Mike Basich 4. Dave Hornickle 5. Hiram Bachman 6. Randy Pollock 7. Jerry Aber
1. Charlie Duncan 2. Rick Bond 3. DJ Cline 4. Jesse Wisecarver 5. Thomas Baker 6. Blaine Aber 7. Larry Bellman 8. Damon Haught DNS: Wayne Maffett Jr
1. George Lee 2. Ryan Markham 3. Corey Conley 4. Brandon Gardner 5. Travis Mensching 6. George Delaney 7. Richie Taylor DNS: Steve White
1. Hiram Bachman 2. Blaine Aber 3. George Delaney 4. Randy Pollock 5. Richie Taylor 6. Larry Bellman 7. Damon Haught 8. Jerry Aber DNS: Steve White, Wayne Maffett Jr.
1. George Lee 2. Weston Hutchinson 3. Corey Conley 4. Ryan Markham 5. Charlie Duncan 6. Rick Bond 7. DJ Cline 8. David Liles 9. Mike Basich 10. Brandon Gardner 11. Hiram Bachman 12. Jesse Wisecarver 13. Thomas Baker 14. Randy Pollock 15. Blaine Aber 16. Richie Taylor 17. Dave Hornickle 18. Shane McLoughlin 19. George Delaney 20. Travis Mensching
Bremenour Electric Modifieds
1. Jesse Wisecarver 2. Mark Dickson 3. Travis Dickson 4. Denny Benjamin 5. Dave Bodkins 6. Rory Reed 7. Eric Singhaus 8. Nick Smith 9. Eddie Rose
1. Kevin Morehouse 2. Chris Basich 3. Norm Aronhalt 4. Bruce Miller 5. Darrick Hubbard 6. Josh Pyers 7. Sid Danals 8. Jacob Myers 9. Jeff Edwards
1. Kevin Morehouse 2. Mark Dickson 3. Travis Dickson 4. Jesse Wisecarver 5. Chris Basich 6. Norm Aronhalt 7. Denny Benjamin 8. Bruce Miller 9. Nick Smith 10. Eric Singhaus 11. Jeff Edwards 12. Sid Danals 13. Dave Bodkins 14. Rory Reed 15. Jacobs Myers 16. Josh Pyers 17. Darrick Hubbard DNS: Eddie Rose
Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks
1. Jeremy Dickerson 2. Bob Daugherty 3. Paul Holmes 4. Gary Hensel 5. Rich Frame 6. Roger Drouhard 7. Dave McMillen 8. Dennis Amstutz 9. Mike Fergunson
1. Glen Underwood 2. Justin Patterson 3. Shaun Cains 4. Tyler Nicely 5. Robert Smith 6. Paul Whitten 7. Darrick Hubbard Jr. 8. Brad Eagle 9. Jon Preston
1. Todd Swim 2. Eric Eicholtz 3. Don Baney Jr 4. Brandon Craver 5. Butch Butcher 6. Heath Jessup 7. Dave Giaugue 8. Chase Alexander
1. Bob Daugherty 2. Justin Patterson 3. Don Baney Jr 4. Rich Frame 5. Shaun Cains 6. Roger Drouhard 7. Glen Underwood 8. Todd Swim 9. Paul Whitten 10. Jeremy Dickerson 11. Butch Butcher 12. Tyler Nicely 13. Dennis Amstutz 14. Brad Eagle 15. Gary Hensel Sr. 16. Brandon Craver 17. Jon Preston 18. Dave McMillen 19. Paul Holmes 20. Robert Smith DNS: Eric Eicholtz, Chase Alexander, Darrick Hubbard Jr., Mark Ferguson, Heath Jessup, Dave Giaugue
1. Jason St. John 2. Brad Hensel 3. Roger Rush Sr. 4. Brett Adkins 5. Lester Berry 6. Tom Keller 7. Kyle Moore 8. William Huntington
1. Moose Workman 2. Jerry Adkins 3. Doug Hensel 4. Kenny Long 5. Arlen Kemp 6. Roger Rush Sr. 7. Mitch Riechard 8. Terry Adkins
1. Brad Hensel 2. Moose Workman 3. Doug Hensel 4. Brett Adkins 5. Jerry Adkins 6. Jason St. John 7. Terry Adkins 8. Lester Berry 9. Roger Rush Jr. 10. Tom Keller 11. Kyle Moore 12. Arlen Kemp 13. Mitch Riechard 14. Kenny Long DNS: Roger Rush Sr., Bill Huntington
1. $200 2. $125 3. $100 4. $80 5. $60 6. $50 7. $45 8. $40 9. $35 10. $30 11. $30 12. $30 13. $30 14. $30 15. $30 16. $30 17. $30 18. $30 19. $30 20. $30
We are again running Hilltop Speedway rules. If you have any questions about the rules or what is legal please contact Tom Ogle at 330-264-8446.
- Chaney claims Summer Sizzler Finale; Lee, Morehouse, Weaver and Eicholtz also victorious
- Little Dizzle wont stop the Sizzle
- Due to rain and forecast Summer Sizzler has been cancelled
- Summer Sizzler News & Notes
- Kinkade wins Renegade of Dirt Modified feature; Duncan, Hutchinson, Patterson victorious at NAPA Auto Parts WCS