Orrville, Ohio (June 15, 2012) The June 15th edition was action packed with thrills and spills. The grandstands packed full of people were treated to great side by side racing action.
In the Fisher Performance 410 Sprints Rob Chaney and Cole Duncan led the field to the green flag. The green was not displayed very long as the sprinters got up speed a chain reaction crash took out new comer Nick Ley, Nick Patterson and Bill Ault who flipped head over end. On the restart the red flag again was displayed as Jason Dolick tipped over. During the melee Grafton West Virginia Andre Layfield spun and damaged the front end of this racer. Layfield returned pit side, fixed the front end and returned to the tail of field. Third time was a charm as the third restart went off without a hitch. When the green flag dropped Chaney jumped to the early lead. Making a power move Andrew Palker slid past Nashville, Tennessee’s Paul McMahan to take second place. On lap six Chaney on a rail caught the back markers and began lapping the field. On lap eight third running Broc Martin got together with the lapped car of Nick Patterson (23) causing both cars to flip violently high through the air. Both drivers were able to exit their race cars under their own power. As the field took the red flag Chaney steered his rocket ship to the pits retiring for the evening. This moved Palker to the lead ahead of McMahan and Danny Mumaw. When the racing resumed Palker powered to a eight car length lead over McMahan. On lap seventeen the caution flew for the race leader Palker who had a flat tire. This handled the lead to McMahan with hard running Mumaw in tow. On lap twenty two the red flag again was displayed due to Bryce Dickson and Mitch Harble who touched wheels causing both cars to flip violently and scattering race car parts twenty five yards across the race track. McMahan cruised to victory over Mumaw, Palker Chris Myers and Jaime Myers. Duncan, Chaney and Palker won heats and Duffy Smith won the B-Main.
In the Lias Tire Super Late Models Cory Conley and George Lee brought the field to the green flag. Conley coming off a win at Cannonball Speedway jumped to the point ahead of Lee, Ryan Markham, Shane McLoughlin and Charlie Duncan. As Conley led McLoughlin and Markham battled for second which saw McLoughlin slipped past Markham for second. Lee running a aggressive line on the high side battled with Duncan and Rick Bond. On lap thirteen Lee showed a few puffs of smoke and returned pit side with mechanical issues. On lap eighteen Conley still led the McLoughlin and Markham but eyes were on tenth starting Mark Gardiner who had moved into the fourth position and set his sights on Markham. At the checkers it was Conley who lead green to checkers. Conley won ahead of McLoughlin, Markham, Gardiner and Duncan. McLoughlin and Duncan won heats.
In the Bremenour Electric Modifieds it was Norm Aronhalt who jumped out to the early lead. Aronhalt who is leading the 2012 points was dogged by Larry Kugel, Darrick Hubbard and Jim Nicely. Kugel attempted to close the gap on the leader but Aronhalt held point with a comfortable lead. As Aronhalt ran away with the lead the racing through the field was great as Hubbard and Nicely battled back and forth. Nicley was able to blast his way past Hubbard to overtake the third position. On lap sixteen Nicely dove to the infield retiring for the night with mechanical issues. Aronhalt took the win ahead of ***. Aronhalt and Kugel won heats.
In the Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks Paul Holmes took the early lead. The caution flew early for second starting Jeremy Lynch who attempted to return the pits on his own power but was unable to make it. The race resumed with Holmes in the lead. In the early stages Holmes had mechanical issues ending his night prematurely. The lead then was handed over to Jeremy Dickerson. Gary Hoopingarner who had motor issues last week hassled Dickerson for the lead but was unable to complete the pass. In the final laps Hoopingarner closed up on the rear bumper of Dickerson trying to overtake the lead. At the checkers it just wasn’t enough as Dickerson took the win; he was followed by Hoopingarner, Brandon Gardner, Chase Alexander and Brandon Craver. Dickerson, Hoopingarner and Holmes won heat races and Todd Werntz won the B-Main.
Fisher Performance 410 Sprints (23 Cars)
1. Cole Duncan 2. Broc Martin 3. Chris Myers 4. Bryce Dickson 5. Alec Martin 6. Shawn Hubler 7. Jordan Harble
1. Andrew Palker 2. Paul McMahan 3. Danny Mumaw 4. Mitch Harble 5. Bill Ault 6. Duffy Smith 7. Paul Kish
1. Rob Chaney 2. Andre Layfield 3. Jason Dolick 4. Nick Patterson (33) 5. Nick Patterson (23) 6. Jimmy Poller
1. Duffy Smith 2. Jamie Myers 3. Shawn Hubler 4. Paul Kish 5. Nick Ley 6. Jordan Harble
1. Paul McMahan 2. Danny Mumaw 3. Andrew Palker 4. Chris Myers 5. Jamie Myers 6. Shawn Hubler 7. Bryce Dickson 8. Mitch Harble 9. Alec Martin 10. Paul Kish 11. Andre Layfield 12. Duffy Smith 13. Rob Chaney 14. Broc Martin 15. Nick Patterson (23) 16. Cole Duncan 17. Jason Dolick 18. Nick Patterson (33) 19. Bill Ault 20. Nick Ley
Lias Tire Super Late Models (17 Cars)
1. Charlie Duncan 2. Cory Conley 3. George Lee 4. JR Gentry 5. Travis Mensching 6. Allan Baker 7. Blaine Aber 8. Don Conley
1. Shane McLoughlin 2. Rick Bond 3. Ryan Markham 4. Brad Malcuit 5. Mark Gardiner 6. Eric ‘Spud’ Myers 7. Larry Bellman 8. Hiram Bachman
1. Cory Conley 2. Shane McLoughlin 3. Ryan Markham 4. Mark Gardiner 5. Charlie Duncan 6. Rick Bond 7. Brad Malcuit 8. Eric ‘Spud’ Myers 9. JR Gentry 10. Travis Mensching 11. Don Conley 12. Larry Bellman 13. Hiram Bachman 14. Alan Baker 15. Jason Skelly 16. George Lee 17. Blaine Aber
Bremenour Electric Mods
1. Larry Kugel 2. Sid Danials 3. Kevin Davis 4. Josh Morrow 5. Rick Mardis 6. Jon Sluka
1. Norm Aronhalt 2. Darrick Hubbard 3. Jim Nicely 4. Bruce Miller 5. Mark Pogue
1. Norm Aronhalt 2. Larry Kugel 3. Darrick Hubbard 4. Sid Danals 5. Bruce Miller 6. Rick Mardis 7. Mark Pouge 8. Jim Nicely 9. Kevin Davis DNS: Josh Morrow, Jon Sluka
Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks
1. Jeremy Dickerson 2. Jeremy Lynch 3. Chase Alexander 4. Todd Gallion 5. Chris Gibbs 6. Jamie Gibbs 7. Todd Werntz
1. Paul Holmes 2. Brandon Gardner 3. Josh Miller 4. Brandon Craver 5. Don Baney Jr 6. Gary Hensel 7. Kyle Pogue 8. Paul Whitten
1. Gary Hoopingarner 2. Shaun Cains 3. Roger Drouhard 4. Tony Cline 5. Victor Bunt 6. Tyler Nicely DNS: Dennis Amstutz
1. Gary Hensel 2. Tyler Nicely 3. Jamie Gibbs 4. Kyle Pouge, 5. Howard Spect 6. Todd Werntz DNS: Dennis Amstutz, Paul Whitten
1. Jeremy Dickerson 2. Gary Hoopingarner 3. Brandon Gardner 4. Chase Alexander 5. Brandon Craver 6. Shaun Cains 7. Roger Drouhard 8. Todd Gallion 9. Gary Hensel 10. Tyler Nicely 11. Victor Bunt 12. Chris Gibbs 13. Don Baney 14. Jamie Gibbs 15. Paul Holmes 16. Tony Cline 17. Kyle Pouge 18. Josh Miller 19. Jeremy Lynch