Orrville, Ohio (April 20, 2012) Exciting racing was the theme of the night for Malcuit Tavern night. The packed grandstands were treated to great door handle to door handle dirt slinging action in all divisions.
In the Fisher Performance Sprint car division it was fourth starting Andrew Palker jumping out to the early lead ahead of pole sitter Chris Myers, Andre Layfield and Rob Chaney. During the early stages several cautions came out, but when the green flag dropped on the field Palker again blasted to the lead. On lap five the caution came out for Layfield as he and Chaney were battling for position. On lap seven sixth starting Cole Duncan set a torrid pace to the front as he passed Danny Mumaw and blasted past Chaney for third. By lap ten Duncan had caught Myers and was applying heavy pressure trying to get around the second place Myers. On lap eleven the caution flag flew for Duncan who got into the guardrail. Palker had a comfortable lead but with this caution that was erased. When the racing resumed Palker powered ahead of Myers but in the closing laps Myers closed the distance. On the final lap Myers had caught Palker but it was too little too late as Palker took the checker for the win. He was followed by Myers, Chaney, Mumaw, Kory Crabtree and Mitch Harble. Layfield, Chaney and Duncan won heat races and Jamie Myers won the B-Main.
In the Lias Tire Super Late Models Ryan Markham and Russ King led the field down to the green flag. King used the outside lane to slip around Markham to take the early lead. In the early stages King stretched his lead over Markham but the eyes were on Dave Hornikle as he passed Shane McLoughlin for third and began a full court press on Markham for second. The night took a disappointing turn for Hornikle as he spun while running third. The racing resumed and King flexed his muscles and stretched his lead over Markham. On lap 10 the battle for second has hot and heavy as Cory Conley pressured Markham. Conley used the high side to pull next to Markham but couldn’t complete the pass. On lap sixteen Conley crossed over and slipped under Markham to race door handle to door handle. Conley took the narrow advantage over Markham for second but Markham didn’t give up and fought back on the high side to pressure Conley for the position. King was running in the next area code but the battle for second was still in progress. On lap twenty three Markham who never gave up slipped past Conley but like the intense battle Conley wasn’t giving up easy. George Lee motored around McLoughlin to take fourth position on lap twenty two. King took the checkered flag ahead of Markham, Conley, Lee, McLoughlin, Drown and Devin Moran. King, Donnie Moran and Hornilke won heat races while Brad Malcuit won the B-Main.
In the Bremenour Electric Modifieds Norm Aronhalt took the early lead ahead of Mark Dickson, Kevin Morehouse, Travis Dickson, Deana Groves and Bobby Kitchen. Aronhalt held the lead but M.Dickson was plastered to his bumper waiting for a slip by Aronhalt. Quitely Kitchen had worked his way up to the fourth position at the half way point. The caution flew on lap sixteen for eighth place Jimmy Smith who attempted a harrowing maneuver between Alan Dellinger and a lapped car. Smith lost control as he attempted to hit the closing gap. Under caution Aronhalt took it pit side retiring for the evening with mechanical troubles and handing the lead over to M.Dickson. On lap eighteen Kitchen pulled alongside M.Dickson and took the lead by a nose. Kitchen took the win ahead of M.Dickson, Travis Dickson, Alan Dellinger and Groves. Kevin Morehouse, M.Dickson and Aronhalt were the heat race winners and Eric Singhaus was credited with the B-Main win.
In the Thrifty Discount Mufflers Jeremy Lynch and Todd Gallion led the field to the green flag. Lynch took the lead just ahead of Gallion, Brandon Gardner and Gary Hoopingarner. Lynch held the lead but he had his hands full by lap seven Gardner was putting pressure by peeking to the outside. On lap nine Lynch couldn’t hold Gardner off and they raced side by side for several laps. On lap thirteen Gardner took the lead and wouldn’t look back. He was followed to the checkers by Lynch, Hoopingarner, Justin Patterson, Brandon Craver and Josh Miller. Gary McGregor and Lynch won heats.
Fisher Performance Sprints (23 Cars)
Heat#1 (Top 5 to Feature)
1. Andre Layfield 2. Andrew Palker 3. Mitch Harble 4. Bryce Dickson 5. Bob Lime 6. Jamie Myers 7. Aaron Middaugh 8. Chris Plascak
1. Rob Chaney 2. Zach Ames 3. Danny Mumaw 4. Jason Dolick 5. Alec Martin 6. Joe Armbruster 7. Shawn Hubler 8. Nick Patterson
1. Cole Duncan 2. Chris Myers 3. Kory Crabtree 4. Jimmy Light 5. Matt Warner 6. Nick Patterson (#23) 7. Chris Smith
B-Main (Top 5 to Feature)
1. Jamie Myers 2. Joe Armbruster 3. Nick Patterson (#23) 4. Aaron Middaugh 5. Shawn Hubler 6. Nick Patterson 7. Chris Smith 8. Chris Plascak
1. Andrew Palker 2. Chris Myers 3. Rob Chaney 4. Danny Mumaw 5. Kory Crabtree 6. Mitch Harble 7. Bryce Dickson 8. Jason Dolick 9. Jamie Myers 10. Jimmy Light 11. Bob Lime 12. Zach Ames 13. Shawn Hubler 14. Cole Duncan 15. Alec Martin 16. Andre Layfield 17. Joe Armbruster 18. Nick Patterson(#23) 19. Aaron Middaugh 20. Matt Warner
Hard Charger: Jamie Myers +7
Lias Tire Super Late Models (28 Cars)
Heat #1 (Top 5 to Feature)
1. Russ King 2. Cory Conley 3. Doug Dodd 4. JR Gentry 5. Charlie Duncan 6. Rick Bond 7. Larry Baldwin 8. Blaine Aber 9. Eric Smitley 10. Don Conley
1. Donnie Moran 2. Shane McLoughlin 3. George Lee 4. Matt Mallett 5. Greg Oaks 6. David Liles 7. Larry Bellman 8. Travis Mensching 9. Randy Pollock
1. Dave Hornikle 2. Ryan Markham 3. Doug Drown 4. Devin Moran 5. Brad Malcuit 6. Hiram Bachman 7. Jeff Wages 8. Chester Elliot
B-Main (Top 5 to Feature)
1. Brad Malcuit 2. Rick Bond 3. David Liles 4. Larry Bellman 5. Larry Baldwin 6. Hiram Bachman 7. Eric Smitley 8. Travis Mensching 9. Blaine Aber 10. Randy Pollock 11. Jeff Wages 12. Don Conley 13. Chester Elliot
1. Russ King 2. Ryan Markham 3. Cory Conley 4. George Lee 5. Shane McLoughlin 6. Doug Drown 7. Devin Moran 8. David Liles 9. Larry Bellman 10. Rick Bond 11. Matt Mallett 12. Norm Aronhalt 13. Charlie Duncan 14. Greg Oaks 15. Donnie Moran 16. Dave Hornikle 17. Doug Dodd 18. Larry Baldwin 19. Brad Malcuit 20. JR Gentry
Hard Charger: David Liles +10
Bremenour Electric Modifieds (23 Cars)
1. Kevin Morehouse 2. Bobby Kitchen 3. Jimmy Smith 4. Alan Dellinger 5. Josh Pyers 6. Eric Singhaus 7. Casey Fritz 8. Dave Sampsel
1. Mark Dickson 2. Travis Dickson 3. Bruce Miller 4. Jack Young 5. Ron Taylor 6. Terry Myers 7. Jess Hartman 8. Nathon Loney
1. Norm Aronhalt 2. Deana Groves 2. Larry Kugel 3. Sid Danals 4. Charlie Summers 5. Jim Nicely 6. Bryan Metterle
1. Eric Singhas 2. Terry Myers 3. Jim Nicely 4. Casey Fritz 5. Dave Sampsel DNS: Nathon Loney, Bryan Metterle
1. Bobby Kitchen 2. Mark Dickson 3. Travis Dickson 4. Alan Dellinger 5. Deana Groves 6. Bruce Miller 7. Jack Young 8. Josh Pyers 9. Eric Singhaus 10. Charlie Summers 11. Terry Myers 12. Jimmy Smith 13. Norm Aronhalt 14. Dave Sampsel 15. Kevin Morehouse 16. Larry Kugel 17. Sid Danals 18. Casey Fritz 19. Ron Taylor 20. Jim Nicely
Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks (16 Cars)
1. Gary McGregor 2. Todd Gallion 3. Roger Drouhard 4. Justin Patterson 5. Brandon Craver DNS: Don Baney, Howard Specht, Jon Preston
1. Jeremy Lynch 2. Brandon Gardner 3. Josh Miller 4. Gary Hoopingarner 5. Paul Whitten 6. Dennis Amstutz 7. Victor Bunt 8. Jim Nicely
1. Brandon Gardner 2. Jeremy Lynch 3. Gary Hoopingarner 4. Justin Patterson 5. Brandon Craver 6. Josh Miller 7. Paul Whitten 8. Gary McGregor 9. Todd Gallion 10. Dennis Amstutz 11. Victor Bunt 12. Jim Nicely 13. Roger Drouhard DNS: Don Baney, Howard Specht, Jon Preston